Below is a testimony of a student who joined the 30 days prayer focus for the "M" people. Be blessed and encouraged! - Vir

__________________________________________________
"The first thing that comes to my mind when I hear the word "Muslim" is a fierce-looking man with a gun in his hand. I had always associated violence with Muslims, particularly in Mindanao. The mere mention of Mindanao made me shudder. This maybe because of what I see on TV and the newspapers. I was also a product of the missionary work of the Burnhams, so Martin Burnham's abduction (by the Abu Sayyaf) and death (during rescue operations) left a great impact on me.

My perceptions started to change when I befriended some Muslims from Mindanao. I study in a school where most students came from that part of my country. I had always been taught as a Christian to love our enemies but I had never thought of seriously praying for them. Thus, I gladly welcomed the opportunity to pray for Muslims (when I attended the ramadan orientation). I decided to give up, at least, one meal a day during the season of ramadan. Some friends were skeptical when I told them what I planned to do and why I was going to do it. But others encouraged me. When my fast begun, I had to endure taunts such as "This food is soooo delicious!" from friends during mealtimes. By God's grace, I did not give in to the pressure. I usually eat bread or oats in the morning which sustained me the rest of the day. But as a full-time student who attended classes early in the morning, skipping lunch for 30 days was a real sacrifice.

Praying for Muslims strengthened my prayer life. I noticed that I still had strength to work for the rest of the day even if I did not eat in the morning and at noontime. The prayer guide not only helped me know what to pray for but also became an eye opener to me about Muslims. They are human just like the rest of us. They experience the same pains, struggles and problems as I do. The only difference is that I have Jesus and they don't.

I pray that the flame that God has fanned in me to pray for our Muslim friends does not diminish and that I will continue to pray for them even beyond the season of ramadan." - Jean


We encourage everyone to send us your reflections and experiences on any missions activity you had before. Thanks po! - Vir