While the SMMR is going on, I experienced another mini-crisis. I lost my cellphone right in the comforts of my spacious office. A female outsider loitering in the lobby yesterday morning is suspected as the lunch break thief. The last time I recalled using my cellphone was right before lunch break. I guess times are, indeed, hard and office security ought to be tightened some more. The lady was a pro. Her kind are probably roaming around security-lax Christian establishments now.

The reason I highlight this personal tragedy is because it happened on the very day (and time!) that K Art presented the NYMM at the consultation. The only time I left my desk was lunch break (12 noon). K Art's slot was 11:30 to 12:10 (if they started on time). I confess that my hunger took the better of me and I failed to shoot up a prayer for him. Up to now, I still have to hear from him and how it went. K Art is not the emailing type (sigh!). If I know him well enough, he is having the time of his life making new friends and trying out new things. And that's what he should do.

Surprisingly, I don't feel that devastated. This is my first time to lose a cellphone. I had used only one number for the many years I've had a cellphone. Maybe I'm still in shock. Or maybe it's not that big a deal compared to the emotional turmoil I went through the past weeks. But it sure felt funny waking up this morning without hearing the Polaris sound of my cellphone alarm go off.

It's going to be a bit more serene for a while  I've always put my cellphone on silent mode so I won't miss the ring tone (just the morning alarm). And I just have to start collecting contact numbers again (a great way of updating the directory!) and rely on the landline for a change (sort of like regressing, right?).

Even if it looks so petty as an application, what Job declared at the height of his loss is how I can describe what I feel at the moment: "The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away: may the name of the LORD be praised." Yes, I can live without a cellphone. Just not too long (heh-heh). - Ate Joy


http://nymm.blogspot.com
~~~~ We are the NYMM at your service ~~~